Friday, May 7, 2010

School Technology I Use: Atomic Learning Report 1

Being 42 years-old and a digital immigrant, I need every trick I can find to keep up with the digital natives that surround me.

My secret? I cheat.

Now before you get all judgmental about a teacher cheating, let me explain...

The other day I got an email asking me about how I podcast. As you already know, my students podcast every day at my school. 

My answer -- I use Atomic Learning.

I have been a subscriber to Atomic Learning for the past four years, and it has saved my bacon so many times I have lost count. You see, Atomic Learning has what they call "Just in Time Learning" which allows me to look up almost any subject and watch a short tutorial and voila! I now know how to do it.

Just in time learning is great.

I remember a few years ago when I was teaching web design in high school and I had to do something that I had never done before in Dreamweaver, I just logged on to my Atomic Learning account, looked through the library of training, found what I needed and then taught it to my students the next day.

I think it was Einstein who once said that you didn't need to know everything, you just needed to know who to ask. When I don't know something, I ask Atomic Learning. I bet use it three to four times a week.

I have used Atomic Learning for all of the new school technology that I use and integrate into my classrooms. Everything from how to make graphs in Excel to how to make this blog. So there, you now know my secret to my great wisdom and knowledge. Don't tell me principal, she still thinks that I am really that smart. But I guess she will know soon enough because we getting a subscription to Atomic Learning for the entire school for next year.

I'll keep you posted on how that goes, I know that the students and teachers are going to love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment